Saturday, June 9, 2012

DIY Flower Burst Paper Straw Wreath

DIY straw wreath


DIY Paper Straw Wreath.  I first saw this gorgeous red and white candy stick like Christmas wreath  (click here for detailed instructions) on Pinterest but I never got around to getting the paper straws.  Finally, I found some yellow straws (you need the 144 or 150 pack!) from Making Memories Fun on Etsy and made my version; a bright yellow flower burst! Perfect for brightening up my boring front porch!



paper straw wreath


I first cut a  6" circle out of 2 layers of cardboard and then cut about a 2" hole; I  hot glued these together and sealed them with a clear acrylic spray since I planned to hang it outside. Note: I sandwiched a wire  between the pieces of cardboard for hanging.





I then hot glued 4 full sized straws in a cross then kept adding them evenly around. I then added some shorter straws. By pinching the ends, you can jam the straws around the circle until no cardboard shows. I added a little touch of spray paint and sealed the entire wreath on both sides with clear acrylic spray.


DIY paper straw wreath
                

     These would be gorgeous for a party or wall art too!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this.....Beautiful work♥

    You are very talented!

    Thanks for listing my shop...

    Kathy
    MakingMemoriesFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy; I am still going to get some red & white straws from you for my Christmas wreath! These are so fun to make!

      Delete
  2. Love it! A nice take on a traditional wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love it! Who da thunk you could make something so pretty from a lowly straw! Turned out great! So cheerful and bright!

    ReplyDelete