Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dollhouse Miniatures: Jewelry & Clock Shop 1:12 scale




miniature jewelry shop



Dollhouse Miniatures: jewelry and clock shop 1 :12 scale room box. As if I don't spend enough time making jewelry,  I just had to make a miniature jewelry and clock shop! The  jeweler's bench,  cabinet and case I made by hand. The chairs in the front were resin Christmas ornaments! I made a lot of the clocks from old watches and buttons. It is kind of tough making jewelry to scale; these jewels would be giant in real life! The Fabergé eggs were fun to make from Fimo clay, beads, rhinestones and findings.




miniature cabinet



miniature  jewelry shop



miniature jewelers bench

 


miniature clock shop




dollhouse jewelry




miniature jewelry


Please stay tuned for my flower & garden shop, my unique tea shop and Conservatory!
Be sure to click on the link to see my Victorian dollhouse miniatures!

14 comments:

  1. These miniatures are absolutely incredible and I am so jealous. lol I've just started doing some miniatures. They are a passion of mine and I can honestly say yours are the best I have seen so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lora2012, I'm so flattered, thank you so much! Sometimes I look at others work like some of the fine dollhouse furniture makers and can't believe the patience they must have to make such beautiful detailed work that I wish I could do!

      Delete
  2. I love your shop so many lovely details. Your Fabergé eggs are so beautiful, I've like, to try sometime, have you made them out of Fimo clay? I also love your disk you have decorated it so beautifully.
    I look forward to seeing your next shops.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wyrna, Thanks so much! The eggs are fimo & so fun to make :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful project - especially for someone like you who makes jewelry in real size. So many lovely details, I really like all the clocks... no fun for the owner when it't time to change them because of daylight saving time... ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BiWuBär, Thank-you! I wonder how long it takes them to change them? LOL!

      Delete
  4. You are so talented. Your jewellery pieces are so lovely! So are the faberge eggs and the clocks. I must mention the cabinet with the dancing girls. So lovely! Thank you for showing these treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucille, Thank-you! The cabinet is just a wood box I made; the doors don't even open because I'm lazy! I used a crackle finish over the decoupaged dancing girls. The top is a "marble" slab for the top out of Fimo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather. Where did you get the tools for your jewelry/clock shop? Or did you make some of them out of clay? I think the ring sizer is especially cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, I did make the ring sizer, "leather" mallet, anvil, saw handle out of clay & used a real saw blade! Some of the pliers & hammers I collected from various places over the years. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  7. do you have a picture of the whole room this is gorgeous! I am doing a clock shop looking for inspiration!! I am inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, The first picture is pretty much the whole room, thanks:)

      Delete
  8. Love the Faberge eggs and the clock maker's desk. I think my Miniature Hogwarts castle needs an egg for Dumbledore's office! Just discovered your blog from a post on Pinterest. Wonderful miniature work!

    ReplyDelete