Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DIY Decoupage Mannequins for Jewelry or Accessories Display


decoupaged bust


DIY Decoupage Bust for Jewelry or Accessories Display.  I just love this vintage sheet music bust I saw on the blog, The Polka Dot Closet. Since I make both vintage and modern jewelry I decided to use just regular sheet music I found super cheap at a thrift store. The form including shipping was under $30,  I ordered from Barr Display. For more details and how to make it go to  The Polka Dot Closet




decoupage manniquin
And here she is modeling my modern upcycled jewelry!

 I have a lot of sheet music left over! You only need about 1/2 of  book so I think I will be making some customized Christmas ornaments, so stay tuned!




earring display
My mannequin head modeling some of my fun earrings


 This mannequin head was my first. I got the form from Sally's Beauty Supply for under $5 and just used the crossword puzzle and comic section of the newspaper. Being the crazy artist I am,  I got a few more of these heads to decorate just for fun for another project!



2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for showing my form. You did a great job on yours! And thank you for the tip on buying the heads at Sally's, that is a great price, I know I got my last one at Hobby Lobby and it was 7 or 8 dollars.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete